Make sure your reception music doesn’t just reflect your taste in music but your guests as well. No one wants to be at a wedding reception where the music is bad and no one is dancing–the goal is to keep them dancing all night long.
You want to avoid any sad or strange break-up songs and other mood killers. Let your dj know that you want up-beat and happy songs. (even if one of your guests is going through a bad break-up). Remember you want your wedding to be sophisticated. So think twice before playing these songs:
- Chicken Dance
- YMCA – Village People
- Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
- It Must Have Been Love But It’s Over Now- Roxette
- Cotton-Eyed Joe
- Hokey Pokey
- Celebration – Kool and the Gang
- Who Let the Dogs Out – Baha Men
- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk – Trace Adkins
- Dude Looks Like a Lady – Aerosmith
- My Humps – Black Eyed Peas
- It’s The End Of The World – R.E.M.
- Don’t Marry Her- Beautiful South